Looking back through my blog I found a recipe that I posted a couple of years ago for Black Bean Zucchini Quesadillas It only took a couple of tweaks to make this recipe fit into our new program. No flour, dairy or tomatoes means no wheat tortillas, sour cream or tomatoes. Cheese is ok for me but no Veggie Hubby, so I added Cheese to mine and left onions off (I don’t like onions) and I left the cheese off of hubby’s.
The big change is using Brown Rice Tortillas. We found these in Whole Foods frozen section.
- 1 zucchini, grated (squeeze as much liquid out as possible)
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained
- 2-3 oz Monterey Jack, grated
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 3 eight-inch brown rice tortillas
- olive oil
- Mix the zucchine, black beans, onion and Jalapeno and divide among 3 tortillas
- Add cheese on top
- cover with a second tortilla.
This yielded 3 Quesadillas. 3 quesadillas is pretty much all the 2 of us could eat for a meal.
- A couple of years ago Veggie Hubby received a Quesadilla maker for Christmas so we now use it to make Quesadilla’s.