Got to say that it turned out very good! Even Veggie Hubby liked it!
I adapted the recipe from one I printed from a blog back last summer and unfortunately it doesn’t have the URL on the printout so I can’t give credit to the original poster. I’m sorry about that, because this one recipe is really yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups of nuts (I used cashews, pecans and walnuts (all raw)) (original recipe called for mixed roasted nuts)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (I used blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Put nuts in food processor and pulse a few times. I used my Vita-mixer and probably ground the nuts too fine, so I’ll play with the settings next time to get a courser effect.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients(except dried fruit) and mix well
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and spread out thinly
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from over and let cool, break into pieces, mix in dried fruit.
We have been eating it dry, but I think it would be good as cereal with a little almond or coconut milk! I didn’t use almonds because Veggie Hubby can’t have those right now.