Samoa’s are one of my favorite Girl Scout Cookies, so I was very happy to find this recipe. I made these at Christmas and this recipe is a replicate of Samoa Girl Scout Cookies that is Gluten Free and Paleo. This was another bit hit with Veggie Hubby and our neighbors. I couldn’t find the original posting on the internet for this recipe or I would give credit to the original poster.
This recipe made 24 cookies. My only change from the original is I forgot to indent the cookies in step 5 below. This recipe is quick to make and only has 6 ingredients!
- 2 Cups of unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (dark chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, eggs, vanilla extract, honey, Mix well until a sticky dough-like texture forms.
- On the parchment baking paper, place flat circles of dough about 2″ apart
- With a small spoon, or your finger, dig a small well on top of the dough (this is for chocolate, which you add later) (I forgot this step)
- Then bake for 20-25 minutes until edges begin to brown
- Melt the coconut oil and stir in the cocoa powder
- Once the macaroons are done baking and cooled, drizzle the chocolate over them.
Please comment below with suggestions for improvements or other Gluten Free cookies recipes.