If you like Sugar Cookies and you like Chocolate, you will love these. I made these cookies over the holidays ant they turned out yummy. You can find the recipe here. These cookies were one of the favorites this year. They also traveled very well. Veggie hubby liked these. In fact there weren’t any cookies that Veggie Hubby didn’t like.
Gluten Free Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening – Melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter – room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Melt the shortening and set aside to cool
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for 3 minutes on med-high speed
- Add in shortening, egg and vanilla, mixing after each.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture
- Place dough still in mixing bowl in refrigerator for 15 minutes
- Drop tablespoon size cookies on parchment lined baking sheets 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8 minutes until edges are firm
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
Please comment here if you have tried this recipe. I would love to have your feedback on any recipes that I share.