I made this for a Christmas snack and it was delicious. It would be equally as good for Super Bowl! I can’t remember where I found the recipe. I had printed it off and unfortunately the print out didn’t have an identifying website. Veggie Hubby loved it as well, in fact I mixed this popcorn mix in with the other goodies in my cookies boxes and Veggie Hubby picked it all out.
You do need to set aside a time where you will be at home for a little while because it takes an hour in the oven to make this. Its well worth the time 🙂
Pecan Caramel Popcorn Mix
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 200F.
- Place popcorn and pecans in large roasting pan (I covered mine in nonstick aluminum foil)
- Heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until bubbly around edges.
- Continue cooking 5 minutes over medium heat without stirring; remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda until foamy
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn, toss until evenly coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on a large sheet of wax paper or parchment paper. Cool completely, at least 30 minutes
- Store in airtight container.
Do you have any snack mixes you like? What is your favorite?